Friday, December 21, 2012

Free Markets are always in danger

Free Markets are always in danger. Protectionist organization, the Coalition for a Prosperous America solicits donations to stop Free Trade and Free Markets: Scott Lincicome reply to Coalition for a Prosperous America (a reply prompted by the very same e-mail solicitation to which I reply above): Dear Ian, Since this is the second time in the last week that you’ve asked me to donate to your employer, I figure that you deserve a formal reply instead of the usual delete/brush-off. Unfortunately, I don’t have any extra money to donate to your organization this year because I spent $54 on 6 pair of Made in the USA Wigwam King Cotton socks from the CPA Buy American Store (http://www.cpabuyamerican.com/Wigwam_King_Cotton_Socks_p/a10-f1055.htm). I guess if I had purchased imported socks for $7.99 at Target.com (http://www.target.com/p/hanes-premium-men-s-6pk-crew-socks-white/-/A-14073530), I could have donated the $46.01 in savings to my charity of choice, or maybe even your organization. Indeed, just think of how many additional donations the CPA could’ve received if more people had based their Christmas purchases on value instead of nationalism! Alas, maybe next year. Merry Christmas,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home