Tuesday, April 23, 2013

BOSTON’S “HUDDLED MASSES”

BOSTON’S “HUDDLED MASSES” "A bomb can't beat us," President Obama assured Bostonians three days after the attack. "We don't hunker down ... we don't cower in fear." Yes we do. Less than 24 hours after Obama left town, hundreds of thousands of us were "sheltering in place." ACTUALLY, IT WAS AS SOON AS OBAMA JETTED OFF THAT THE FRIGHTENED MASSES WERE ORDERED TO COWER. “I think this (THE LOCKDOWN)was a severe overreaction based on fear, not reason. The cost of the shutdown was estimated at $330 million by Business Week. An estimate of the cost of the militia response was over $100 million. Economic cost is one goal of terrorism, as we know.” BOSTON’S “HUDDLED MASSES” The best they can do is tell me to lock myself in my home while they search for the bad guy. Though the residents of Watertown (and the surrounding greater-Boston area) were held in a state of near-martial law, the best most of them could do was huddle in their homes, hoping the police would take their 3 a.m. call and come running to rescue them before the terrorist killed them. . . . I realized right then that if I were holed up in my house while a cold-blooded terrorist roamed my neighborhood, I wouldn’t want to be a sitting duck with only a deadbolt lock between me and an armed intruder. LEFTIES NEVER LEARN Some of the stories we tell are naive: "This is a progressive town, the People's Republic," a Cambridge high school teacher remarked. "How could this be in our midst?" he wondered, as if diversity were a cure for all evil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home